Golden Gate Running Club’s in-person workouts and events remain suspended into 2021 due to Covid-19. GGRCs closure is in compliance with the City of San Francisco’s Stay at Home directives, and we will continue to closely follow the SFPHD’s health orders when the club begins to re-open. Official updates from the club will be communicated via our Google Groups email alias, which can be accessed on our Announcements page. We wish that you stay safe, healthy and connected during this time, and we look forward to seeing you later in the year!
Please visit the Membership page for more information on changes to our typical member dues for the 2021 club year.
History and Mission Statement
Established in 2001, GGRC runs hard and plays hard. Some of our members are serious athletes training for marathons or ultras, while others enjoy casual runs at a conversational pace. We are united by our enthusiasm for running among friends in the most beautiful city in California.
- Two regular group running events every week. See Regular Runs page for full details.
- Wednesday Track practice at Kezar Stadium.
- Sunday Run starting at Warming Hut (Crissy Field).
- Monthly Happy Hour social events.
- Yearly Banquet celebration.
- Discount Events at retail locations.
- runningwarehouse.com Discount.
- 8-10 target races a year at various Bay Area locations.
- Camaraderie, costumes, and coaching.
- Slack Group
- Welcoming atmosphere – beginners to Ultra runners.
- Over 130 members so you’re bound to find someone to run with at your pace.
Renee Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chris Latura (email@example.com)
Jakob Walter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Brent Nowak (email@example.com)
Taylor Eth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Marketing and Merchandise Coordinator
Rob Spies (email@example.com)
Sarah Slagle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check out our past board members here!