Hello Golden Gate Running Club,
Heading into June, we could not be more thrilled to formally announce the return of our regular group runs, social events and races! The below events are open to our club members, and for anyone that would like to attend, see our membership page for information on how to join the club!
Read more for all of the details you need to know about our upcoming 2021 club calendar! As highlights, be sure to SAVE THE DATE for our first Happy Hour on June 26, Beer Mile on August 14, our first club race in Windsor, CA on September 12, and the GGRC Banquet (party of the year) on October 16!
Group runs have returned on Wednesdays at 6:15pm (new time alert) and Sundays at 10am, and they are here to stay! We appreciate you bearing with us as we’ve navigated our group run format through the edge of the pandemic.
- You must be a paid member for the 2021 season. Go to the membership page to sign up. Contact email@example.com with any questions. You must sign the 2021 waiver. This is part of our new member and returning member process. Link here.
- Due to raised capacity limits, we will be archiving the #ggrc_2021_workout_sign-ups channel in slack by June 1 and as long as the June 15 CA/SF reopening plan will allow, we will deprecate the sign-up sheet after June 15.
- All members must wear a face covering during group announcements. Follow all City and State Covid safety guidelines. We will share more specific details during the group announcements since they are changing week by week.
Our workouts are designed for runners of many different speeds, distances and levels!
Where: Kezar Stadium in Golden Gate Park, South East side of the track
When: Wednesdays at 6:15 PM
Where: Meet at east side of The Warming Hut at the picnic tables (983 Marine Drive, just west of Crissy Field)
Distances: 4-5 mile flat out-and-back along Crissy field or 7 mile hilly loop around Presidio
Check out our Regular Runs page here for route maps and mileage.
As we start to see California progress in reopening, the GGRC board is excited to announce the following race schedule. We highly encourage all members, new and returning, to participate in as many races as possible with the group to show off how awesome GGRC is to all other runners out there! Mark your calendars with these events and look for more information to come from the Race Coordinator – Jakob Walter. If you have any questions about the planned race schedule, don’t hesitate to chat with or reach out to Jakob (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Saturday August 14th – Annual Beer Mile!
To be hosted by and for GGRC members in a location in Golden Gate Park. Kicking off the first race with a club classic, four beers and one mile of running, what else needs to be said.
Sunday September 12th – Windsor Run & Wine
Individual road race in Windsor, CA with 5km, 10km, & HM.
Sunday October 3rd – Reno River Run
Individual road race in Reno, NV with 5km, 10km, HM, M, & Marathon Relay.
Saturday November 13th – Mount Tam Trail Run
Individual trail race in Stinson Beach, CA with 10km, HM, 30km, & 50km
TBD December – Christmas Relays
Another GGRC classic to round out the year with a 4-person costumed relay! Start thinking about some fantastic group themed costumes.
The COVID situation is looking better, bars and restaurants are reopening, and GGRC is back with a whole lotta fun events!!! Special note to save the date for our 2021 Banquet on Saturday, October 16 @ Perry’s on Union St. More details to come about specific events, but I want to share a taste. – Taylor Eth, Social Chair (email@example.com).
- Saturday, June 26 – Happy Hour at Southern Pacific Brewery (more details in early June)
- Sunday, July 11 – New member BBQ after Sunday Run
- Friday, July 23 – Happy Hour at SPARK Social
- Saturday, Aug 14 – Beer Mile – yes, we’re running a mile and drinking 4 beers
- Saturday, September 25 – Bar Crawl, exact bars TBD
- Saturday, October 16 – Banquet @ Perry’s. You don’t want to miss this!
- Saturday, November 6 – 20th anniversary event. GGRC is 20 years old!
Thank you for being a part of our club this year, and we look forward to seeing you out there!
Your 2021 Golden Gate Running Club Board
Renee Hamilton, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chris Latura, Treasurer & Membership Coordinator (email@example.com)
Brent Nowak, Coach (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sarah Slagle, Communications Chair (email@example.com)
Jakob Walter, Race Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rob Spies, Merchandise and Marketing Coordinator (email@example.com)
Taylor Eth, Social Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)