GGRC’s Reopening and Covid-19
Golden Gate Running Club is open again! Per the City of San Francisco’s Coronavirus directives, GGRC qualifies as a low-contact outdoor adult recreational sport (defined by the State of California’s Department of Public Health), which is currently permitted following masking and social distancing guidelines provided by San Francisco.
We are returning to track workouts on Wednesday evenings, and will shift back to our Sunday runs starting May 23. Members can sign-up to attend via GGRC’s internal slack channel for in-person workouts.
Please visit the Membership page for more information on changes to our typical member registration process and dues for the 2021 club year.
History and Mission Statement
Established in 2001, GGRC runs hard and plays hard. Some of our members are serious athletes training for marathons or ultras, while others enjoy casual runs at a conversational pace. We are united by our enthusiasm for running among friends in the most beautiful city in California.
- Two regular group running events every week. See Regular Runs page for full details.
- Wednesday Track practice at Kezar Stadium.
- Sunday Run starting at Warming Hut (Crissy Field).
- Monthly Happy Hour social events.
- Yearly Banquet celebration.
- Discount Events at retail locations.
- runningwarehouse.com Discount.
- 8-10 target races a year at various Bay Area locations.
- Camaraderie, costumes, and coaching.
- Slack Group
- Welcoming atmosphere – beginners to Ultra runners.
- Over 130 members so you’re bound to find someone to run with at your pace.
Renee Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chris Latura (email@example.com)
Jakob Walter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Brent Nowak (email@example.com)
Taylor Eth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Marketing and Merchandise Coordinator
Rob Spies (email@example.com)
Sarah Slagle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check out our past board members here!