GGRC’s Reopening and Covid-19
Golden Gate Running Club is preparing our safe re-opening for club members on Wednesday, April 14th! Per the City of San Francisco’s Coronavirus directives, GGRC qualifies as a low-contact outdoor adult recreational sport (defined by the State of California’s Department of Public Health), which is currently permitted for up to 25 people following all masking and social distancing guidelines per this ordinance. With vaccinations increasing, SF cases in decline, and group exercise being essential for mental health for some, we have determined that this spring will be an appropriate time for us to gradually ease into an in-person model for our runs.
Initially, group runs will be hosted on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Members can sign-up to attend via GGRC’s internal slack channel for in-person workouts.
Our model for hosting in-person workouts will be quite scaled back from our typical pre-pandemic days, and all workouts will start with a capacity of 15 people, with attendance limited to members that register for the 2021 club year. We will grow our capacity and enhance our in-person experience as cases remain down and San Francisco’s restrictions lighten.
Please visit the Membership page for more information on changes to our typical member registration process and dues for the 2021 club year.
History and Mission Statement
Established in 2001, GGRC runs hard and plays hard. Some of our members are serious athletes training for marathons or ultras, while others enjoy casual runs at a conversational pace. We are united by our enthusiasm for running among friends in the most beautiful city in California.
- Two regular group running events every week. See Regular Runs page for full details.
- Wednesday Track practice at Kezar Stadium.
- Sunday Run starting at Warming Hut (Crissy Field).
- Monthly Happy Hour social events.
- Yearly Banquet celebration.
- Discount Events at retail locations.
- runningwarehouse.com Discount.
- 8-10 target races a year at various Bay Area locations.
- Camaraderie, costumes, and coaching.
- Slack Group
- Welcoming atmosphere – beginners to Ultra runners.
- Over 130 members so you’re bound to find someone to run with at your pace.
Renee Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Chris Latura (email@example.com)
Jakob Walter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Brent Nowak (email@example.com)
Taylor Eth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Marketing and Merchandise Coordinator
Rob Spies (email@example.com)
Sarah Slagle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Check out our past board members here!